Thursday, August 20, 2009

Delighting in the Lord


Psalm 37 has been one of my favorite passages in the Bible.
And guess what, I encountered it two times this week.
First was last Sunday because it was he message delivered to us by our pastor.
Second was today.
It was just an accident but I know God has plans and I want to know what He wants to tell me.
I'm sure there's something about that.
It strike me two times without knowing it.

Hmm..I'm about to post what we had last Sunday i church.
I'm really happy that God talked to me. :]]

How do we delight ourselves in the Lord?

D= Declaring his praises......1 Peter 2:9, Psalm 22;22, Psalm 71:17-18
E = Examining our ways......Psalm 11:5, 2 Corinthians 13:5
L = Listening to his voice.....John 10:27, Proverbs 8:34, Proverbs 15:31
I = Intimate relationship with Jesus......Romans 8:35, 37, 39
G = Giving......2Corinthians 9:7, Proverbs 11:25, Matthew 10:8b
H = Holy-Living.....1 Thessalonians 4:7, 2 Corinthians 7:1
T = Trusting in His name......Romans 9:33, Isaiah 26:3, Proverbs 28:25-26

If you think that everything's out of control, think again. Find your joy in the Lord because you can't find it here alone. If we do that God will give the desires of our hearts.

Psalm 37

1 Do not fret because of evil men
or be envious of those who do wrong;

2 for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.

3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

4 Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:

6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.



Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin