Monday, May 11, 2009

Patience!

Ahmm, I was assigned by my mom to watch my niece for a while. Well to distract my niece, my brother opened up his pc..(the Apple Mac...a big WOW for that..hehe)...We watched my niece's DVD..."Abraham and Isaac", and "Moses". Wihhhh..My brother's pc has a big flat screen and I enjoyed watching there..Haha. My niece went to her room and stayed there while I enjoyed watching!!!

Ok!..Well the real reason for this post is that I want to share something. A lesson from what I had watched... :P

Hmm, I really like the story about Abraham. He waited for so many years and believed that He will have a son in spite of being old. He did not lose his faith to God that God will fulfill His promise. After waiting, God gave him Isaac. For a short year, God asked him to sacrifice Isaac. Abraham love God so he followed God's command even though Isaac is the only thing God has for him. But in the end, God did not allow Abraham to kill Isaac. All is just a test to prove that Abraham really love God and because of that, the promised land was given to his descendants and God promised Abraham to bless him with sons and daughters as many as the stars which was fulfilled.

Well, that was the summarized version. The point is:

  • God gave His promise to Abraham about giving him a son. But he gave it after a very long time. I think he tested Abraham if he is patient enough.
  • Next is that, God gave him Isaac but after a few years, he asked for Isaac's life. God again tested Abraham's loyalty. I think?...
  • Abraham obeyed God even if God's commandment will cause a deep pain. Abraham believed that the Lord will fulfill His promise no matter what...^^
  • God has His own way. See!! He gave Abraham a son but he asked for Isaac's life then again he did not take it away. He has His own great and mysterious plan. ^^
  • The best thing of all is that, God fulfills His promise.

Hmmm, what I'm saying is I have to be patient. I know God is still working on me. He will provide everything...^^

Thank You Lord!!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin